Friday, June 20, 2014

Chased something down a rabbit hole today.

Chased something down a rabbit hole today.

I tried to examine the budget of the Federal Highway Trust Fund and the Federal Highway Administration in general that uses the Federal gas tax money (primarily) and Income taxes to pay for the construction and/or repairs of Highways, By-ways, Roads and Bridges and on and on and on.  I came across this link that showed grants to a myriad of projects in every State.  You can look at the list yourself and ask if these are good uses of Federal tax dollars.

After spending a few minutes scrolling through the list examining the projects and looking at the various dollar amounts this came to mind:
If you watch your pennies today, you will have dollars tomorrow. If you squander your dollars today, you will have pennies tomorrow.
Not an original thought.  But one I used as I looked through the list.

What do you see?

No comments:

Post a Comment

View My Stats